This tutorial will teach you how to perform a Misty 540, or Misty 5 on the trampoline with a one handed pike grab. This trick is an off axis one and a half turn with a grab. This is both an easy trick to do and extremely cool looking.
- Before trying a misty 5, you will need to be able to do a front flip and a straight 540 degree rotation no problem.
- Get a small to medium bounce and throw your right arm forwards, down and towards your left toe. Do this lightly and you should land on your bottom with you right hand still reaching towards your right toe. Keep doing this until you get comfortable.
- This step is pretty much the same as the one above, except that you will get a bit more air and instead of landing on your bottom, land on your back. Keep throwing your right arm down and to the left, but also put a little more force into the trick and let your right shoulder dip down more.
- Once you think you're ready, (don't rush to this step) get a fairly large bounce and on the jump before you try the misty 540 grab, put only your right arm straight up into the air. Then when you start to feel the trampoline pushing you up on the next bounce, throw your arm in front of you and down towards your left toe. Let your shoulder drop in front of your body and tilt your upper body and your head forwards, while still looking over your left shoulder. Don't do the grab too early in the misty 5, but when you're airborne and think you're ready, bring your feet up as high as you can while also trying to keep them as straight and close together as possible. Once you have this position, you can then grab your left foot or ankle with your right hand.
- Hold your grab as long as you feel comfortable, then pick up your head and your hands with you feet shoulder width apart and stick the landing. Good luck!
The most common problem with this trick is not making it around to your feet. To cure this you can either jump higher, use more frontward strength on your takeoff or focus more on the trick rather than the grab until you can work the grab back into your trick. Remember that this trick is two thirds trick and one third grab, so if you don't have a solid misty 5 mastered, then your grab will look just as bad.
If you have any questions or concerns, leave a comment below and I will respond!